Dodge Unleashes a Demon On New York City
The 2018 Dodge Challenger Demon represents a lot of firsts in the muscle car world. Among the list of impressive achievements includes:
- Highest horsepower of any V8 production car
- First-ever front-wheel lift of 2.92 feet in a production vehicle verified by Guinness World Records
- The planet’s fastest time of 9.65 seconds running the quarter mile in a production vehicle.
- Fastest 0 to 60 mph quarter mile time of 2.3 seconds for a production vehicle
- Highest g-force acceleration of 1.8 g in a production car
And the list goes on and on and on. Seriously, what can’t this car do with the arsenal it packs? And speaking of arsenal, the Demon comes equipped with a Demon Crate loaded with weaponry such as front runner drag wheels, high-octane engine calibration, and performance air filter.
Open the hood and feast your eyes on the most powerful Hemi engine ever. This 6.2-liter supercharged V8 spews a whopping 840 horsepower and 770 pounds-feet of torque. This car was built to destroy its competition on the drag strip. In fact, the Demon is so quick on the drag strip, it’s been banned by the NHRA.
Production of the Demon takes place later this summer. Currently, 3,000 Demons are planned for the U.S. with 300 being available for Canada.
There is so much more to discover about the Demon. For more information, head over to dodge.com/demon.html.
Photo credit: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Leave a Reply